Wednesday, August 10, 2011

#15 30 Day Movie Challenge

#15 The first movie you remember watching in the theater

As I said before, my friend Jim is playing this game on Facebook.  This question was originally: A movie that describes you.  He didn't care for that question and changed it to the first movie you remember watching in the theater. 

Because there are very few movies highlighting the lives and trials of Mormon mothers in the 21st century, I've chosen Jim's version.  Someday I'll make my own movie and then this question will be a lot easier to answer.  Influence my life and you can be in the movie too.

So, the very first movie I remember watching in the theater was

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back



I was four months shy of being 3-years-old when this movie was released.  I remember going to the theater with my mom and dad.  I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a date night for them.  Mom was about 5 months pregnant and I was their only other child, so they probably figured it would be easier to bring me to the theater rather than find a babysitter. 

They were wrong.  When a 2-year-old doesn't want to sit still and watch a movie, she'll do whatever she can to make you wish you hadn't brought her.  I can actually remember thinking to myself that if I threw a big enough fit, then Mom and Dad would have to take me home. 

I remember Mom fighting with me until she finally just gave up.  I sat on the floor.  I'm pretty sure I gave up on trying to go home at that point.  If I remember right I just laid on the floor for most of the movie.


Ah, Harrison.

So I guess I technically didn't watch this movie at the theater, but I was on the theater floor as it played on the screen.

I don't remember going to another movie at the theater until my parents took us to go see E.T. two years later.



Josh and me (thank you, Disneyland).  This is from Return of the Jedi, but it's still fun.

Now I love the movie.  And don't worry.  My children have all returned the favor of throwing fits in the movie theater.  I got it back in full force.


1 comment:

Merinda Reeder said...

E.T. for me. I like this game.