Thursday, August 11, 2011

#16 30 Day Movie Challenge

#16 A movie you used to dislike but now like

My dad watches Westerns.  I lot of Westerns.  I grew up watching them.  And about five seconds into them I'd leave the room and find something else to do.  But I saw the first little bits of most John Wayne movies.

One time I told my dad that my favorite Western was Back to the Future: Part III

But I have to say that I now enjoy Westerns.  I'm sure my husband had some influence over that.  It's nearly impossible to marry a man like Josh and not appreciate cowboys, horses and the Old West.

I have to say that despite all my efforts as a kid to deny my upbringing and influence of my father, I like Westerns.  I like that the first movie I ever watched with Josh was Tombstone.  I like the Old West and the history associated with it.

But I have to say that the movie I disliked but now really like is

True Grit

The John Wayne version is classic. 



But I think I might like the updated Jeff Bridges version even more.  (Matt Damon = Awesome)


I think that can count.  It's essentially the same story.  And I do like the classic version much more than I used to.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I haven't seen the John Wayne version in a long time. I remember now why I don't remember it very well. The girl is so annoying. I like the new girl much better. But I think I still like The Duke as Rooster.