Tuesday, August 23, 2011

#27 30 Day Movie Challenge

Another two movies in one night.

#27 A movie you wish you had directed

There's really only one movie that comes to my mind for this category.  A near-theatrical spectacle.

The Phantom of the Opera


 

The topic of directing takes me directly to the theatrical stage.  After all, my senior thesis in college was to direct.  And I loved it. 

I thought the film direction of Phantom was actually very good.  The vibrancy of the lighting, the costumes, the characters.  It's an over-the-top production, which is what you would expect an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical would be.  It makes me miss my days living in the theatre. 

I love Minnie Driver in this, btw. 

1 comment:

Lori said...

This is the only version of Phantom that I've ever seen and I LOVE it! I now want to see it on stage.