Sunday, August 14, 2011

#19 30 Day Movie Challenge

#19 A movie from your favorite director

I've mentioned before that I'm a sucker for romantic comedies.  It's the first subcategory I'll peruse when looking for a movie to watch on Netflix. 

So one of my favorite directors is Nora Ephron.  She's not a major household name like Spielberg, but you've probably seen a few of her movies:

Julie & Julia
Bewitched
Lucky Numbers
You've Got Mail
Michael
Sleepless in Seattle

Plus, she wrote or did the screenplay for all but Lucky Numbers

But one of my favorites of all is

Mixed Nuts


It's got some of the funniest people in it, including Steve Martin and Madeline Kahn.  Adam Sandler sings stupid songs while accompanying himself on the ukulele.  And you can see Liev Schreiber (aka Sabretooth from Wolverine) in drag.  And what's more hilarious than a crisis hotline center during the holidays?  Okay, that's a bit dark, but it's still funny.



And I'd have to say I've got runners-up for this category:

Rob Reiner (The Princess Bride)
and
Garry Marshall (Runaway Bride)

I realize those are both "bride" movies, but they are still great.

3 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Oh good, I was waiting for a director post, and your runner up is my favorite, while your favorite is my runner up. I dig Garry Marshall. His commentary is a whole additional movie. I totally love him.

And how have I missed Mixed Nuts? Madeline Kahn? How have I missed this? Going to have to go put this in my queue RIGHT NOW.

Lori said...

Oh Mindy you won't be disappointed!!! This movie is sooo hilarious! I wait (not too patiently) for Christmas season to come so I can watch it and not feel out of place. :)

Tara Dawn said...

Mixed Nuts is AWESOME!