Wednesday, August 17, 2011

#22 30 Day Movie Challenge

#22 A movie you watch when you're sad

I mope.  I'm a moper.  I also dwell.  I dwell on moping.  I'm a pretty depressing sad person.

But because I don't like rushing out of sad mode, and movies generally make me happy, I don't watch a lot of movies when I'm sad.  But if I watch anything, it's something familiar, something that won't jostle my emotions more than they already are.  Something mellow.

Mona Lisa Smile



This is a pretty good conglomeration of some humor, some drama, some love, some hate, some feminism, some traditionalism.  I love the flavor of the 1950s and find so much intrigue in the dilemma of family vs career, a dilemma that continues sixty years later. 

The cast is great and includes Julia Roberts, Kirsten Dunst, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and (my favorite in the movie) Julia Stiles. 



It's an easy movie to watch.  And now I've seen it so many times that it's very familiar.  No emotional surprises.  That way I can mope all I want.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I think I've only watched this one once or twice. After watching the preview I think I may need to watch it again.

Oh, and STOP MOPING!!!! heehee. :)