Tuesday, August 16, 2011

#20 30 Day Movie Challenge

#20 A movie you wish had a sequel

I really enjoy movies that incorporate a lot of other known storylines into the plot.  One of the best examples of this is

The Brothers Grimm



It's a story about the Grimm brothers as they travel the countryside and encounter different experiences that lend themselves to the stories the eventually publish.  So all of these stories are found throughout the movie, like Red Riding Hood and Snow White.  It's fun to find the stories and identify them.  I'm fascinated by the Grimm brothers, although I do have to admit that I haven't read all of the stories.  They really are quite grim, no pun intended.

Plus, there's a rumor in our family that we're related to them, so that's even cooler.

But I have some strict rules about sequels. 
1) The original actors must resume their roles. 
2) The sequel must stay loyal to the original. 

Unfortunately, there is no way this story can continue.  Rule 2 can be completed.  There are plenty of Grimm stories that can used for a sequel.  But the saddest thing is that Rule 1 cannot be kept. 

I loved the camaraderie of the two Grimms, played by Matt Damon and Heath Ledger.  They played so well off each other and despite the darkness of the film, it was FUN.  But since poor Heath passed away three years ago, Rule 1 is forever broken. 

It really makes me sad and I really do wish it could have a sequel.  I miss Heath.

2 comments:

Lori said...

That would have been a great one for a sequel. But if they did one now, I probably wouldn't watch it since Heath would not be in it. What a sad thing.

Tara Dawn said...

3 years ago! Man, it doesn't seem that long ago. Funny, because just a few days ago Jabon and I were commenting on how good of an actor he was. LOVE 10 Things I Hate About You and my all time favorite of his is A Knight's Tale.