Thursday, August 18, 2011

#23 30 Day Movie Challenge

#23 A movie you wish you could live in

I love Disney movies.  Both the animated and the live action movies.  But one of my favorites has always been

Summer Magic


A recently widowed woman takes her three children from Boston to a small town in Maine to "live off the land."  And since it's a Disney movie made in 1963, and the movie takes place during "rag time," it's got such great, fun songs.

I'd love to live in a quaint and beautiful town, full of good people I know and love, and burst into song for any and every reason.  I always wanted to fix up a big, beautiful house and hold a ball in the barn where all our friends and neighbors could come and a tall, dark, handsome stranger comes in and sweeps me off my feet. 

Someday I do plan to visit Maine.  And I have my tall, dark, handsome man.  Now I need to start bursting into song every 20 minutes to enhance the action of my life and my life will literally be Summer Magic.

3 comments:

colds1 said...

I've been waiting to see when this movie would make its appearance on your list ... here it is!!!

Lori said...

I with Cindy. I knew it would be here somewhere. :) And I know you can make your dream come true. All you have to do is start singing all the time. :)

Merinda Reeder said...

My introduction to Summer Magic was late in life, so I was immediately conscious of the cheese factor. My favorite number is the Ugly Bug Ball which comes up in many of my playlists.