Thursday, April 23, 2009

April Update

I realized that I have some miscellaneous things to report, so why not?

Millie had her 4-month checkup yesterday. She's healthy. She's weighing in at 14 lbs 5 oz and measuring 24". She's about average for her age. She's strong and gets bigger everyday. But she's been abusive to my left thigh today. First she pooped on it and just a bit ago she barfed on it. My poor leg.

Matt has been found in the yard naked from the waist down twice this month. Once in the front, once in the back (yards, that is). Both times he said it was because he needed to pee. What? I thought that's what that whole "indoor plumbing" deal was for.

Emma and Abby are tweens, whether they are old enough or not. They go to the bathroom together all the time. It doesn't matter that they're at home and that we have two bathrooms. I don't get it. What are they doing, primping for their imaginary beaus?

Josh doesn't play the PlayStation 2 very much, but he got a new game a couple weeks ago and has played a few times after work and now he's on his stretch off. I don't do video games. Not even a little bit. I can tell you the first ten seconds of Super Mario on Nintendo because that's how long it takes for me to die. I'm about as good at video games as I am at sports. It must be a hand-eye coordination thing. Or maybe it's just that I don't care.




Matt gave me a lesson. He told me that what he does (this is a Star Wars game with lots of fighting) is jump up and down and run away. I watched him and sure enough, he jumped up and down and then ran off the battlefield. That's one way to survive.




Emma gave me a lesson too. She said that what she likes to do is get into the little battleship and do loop-the-loops because she doesn't know what she's supposed to do and gets bored.

Abby is the only one that is somewhat competent at the game. No matter what she thinks, she is her father's daughter.

5 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

I love Millie in her Bumbo with the controller. Cute! Glad she's growing up healthy. Hopefully Matt stops with the public nudity - he doesn't want to be on the sex offender list! (I have a friend who streaked on a dare when he was like 22 or something. He's on the sex offender list. How awful!!!)

Marie said...

Cute cute family. I love to see that all is going well.

Lori said...

Your poor leg! And the good new about that is, it keeps happening!! I'm afraid to tell you that the peeing outside thing does not fade away. While we were in CA I saw Tyler going over to the side of the house that is not used. So I went to go see what he was doing, and he was peeing! My goodness 7 years old and still doesn't know what a toilet is for!

Jabon said...

Ha ha, well so far I have not had the pee out side issue. As a Matter of fact, Cody and Brett are afraid to! I took Cody to a work event in the desert and he held it for 3 hours. I kept telling him to go behind some bushes! Then Brett has a thing about that too! Well sorry to hear about the leg issue. I will remember not to stand too close to your pooped on left side!

Tara Dawn said...

I love the picture of Millie playing, too! So cute!