Monday, April 6, 2009

Behind Closed Doors

You never know what is going on in someone's life until you are invited to witness it. If you're reading this, then you are stuck. There is no way out. If you try to stop reading this now the curiosity will eat at you until you come back to find out what it is that I'm talking about. That's right--you are mine...

A monster has invaded our home. She's slithered in from underneath the door and then proceeded to disguise herself as one of us. She wears my clothes. She makes her voice to sound like mine. But the volume she uses is so much louder than mine. And the anger...oh, the anger. She sucks the life out of everyone around her and then uses that kinetic energy in a whirlwind of complete impatience and intolerance. She's mean and nasty. When she appears the wolverines run away in fear.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

rough day? Sounds a lot like how my night is going...I think a little fairy comes into our house and plugs the kids' ears because they just don't seem to listen very well...So, it's got to be the fairy that comes because my kids are angels! ;) Hope things go better!

colds1 said...

Wow! I read this after sending you an email! A bit too connected are we! I'm sorry! But you described it so much more elegantly than I!

Kayleen said...

It's called hormones. Those darn kids!!! It's all their fault! Hope you are feeling better!

Lori said...

Sorry you had a rough day. I had a bad day or rather night on Sun. So I went to the website reflectionsofchrist.org and it lifted me up.

Florrie said...

Story of my life Shelley....story of my life.
Here's to a better day tomorrow!

Celine said...

I'm skeeeered!

Jabon said...

Say it isn't so! kids stressing out their parents? naaahhh

Shelly, I am scared...

Tara Dawn said...

Interesting you would post this immediately after a post about something nice, like your testimony...

Food for thought.