Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's in Your Shoebox?

Today I had to brave the crappy snow to take Millie to the doc for some antibiotics. She's so miserable and it's so sad. (Good news: She should be feeling better by tomorrow. Bad news: She may not feel better until tomorrow.) (And, Good news: the snow is supposed to stop tomorrow. Bad news: it's supposed to rain for several days after that.) (And, the total snow in Great Falls from this storm is 19", most of that has actually begun to melt.)

Anyway, I went to Walgreens to fill her prescription and stood around reading the greeting cards while I waited. I love greeting cards. Specifically, I love Shoebox Greetings in the "For Fun" category. Those are the cards that seem to have no point except to make you laugh out loud. Here's the one that had me going today (I think I remember it):

(A picture of a girl doing a high front Celtic dance kick)

"When I'm President I'm going to settle all disputes with a dance-off...

..You'll be Vice President, so start working on your moves."

It's so much better in a card. I used to buy them all the time. I'd go to the card section of whatever store I was in and spend hours reading everything and then spend several dollars buying the ones I liked. Sometimes I'd plan to give certain cards to specific people. Sometimes I'd just keep them on hand for another time. Ah, the hobbies we sacrifice for marriage and children.

I also found the coolest blog tonight. It's the Shoebox blog. You have to check it out. Go here for that. I laughed my head off. It has a daily Newsdroppings, blips of commentary from different headlines. I love news like that. I'd rather read something like that than watch the real 10:00 news. For some reason the sarcastic comments appeal to me.

It's like, how I like to watch SNL...


And how I like to stay caught up on celebrity gossip and television with The Soup.



This makes me scared and slightly fascinated with Twitter. I may have to follow the crowd and check it out.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

So, I just checked out Twitter. It looks like it works just like Facebook. Been there, done that.

Jabon said...

I have no interest in twitter. A guy at work does it and it looks to be too social for me. Looks like it revolves arround minute by minute updates.
I an eating.
I am yawning.
I an still here
Yup, done eating now.
It was good.
I want more.
Do you want some too?

Hmmm, not sure it is for me!

Lori said...

Don't know much about Twitter myself. If it's like Jabon says, then it's not for me.

Hope that Millie is feeling better now!

Tara Dawn said...

I don't get the Twitter thing either. Makes me feel like I'm as old as Barbara Walters.