Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Emma's Baptism

This hair accessory is actually a bracelet Emma wore on her wrist as a baby when she was blessed. I braided it into her hair. The next time we pull it out will be to put on her garter on her wedding day.




Emma with Aunt Genica and Uncle Peter




Abby and Emma with Aunt Jo and Gramma.





All four kids with Poppy (Josh's dad).











Emma's baptism was an incredible experience. We had a great turnout, even though it was Easter Sunday and so many people were out of town. We started a little late because finding a white jumpsuit to fit Josh is a trick. He's losing weight, but he'll always be 6'4".




Aunt Genica played the piano (and did MUCH better than I could've done!), Grandma Diane gave the opening prayer, I gave a talk about baptism, Josh baptized her with our dads as witnesses, Mema Rose gave a talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost, Josh and our dads and Pete confirmed Emma a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and Pete gave the closing prayer. We involved as much of the family as we could. Gramma Courtney and Aunt Jo also came. It was a great night.


After Emma was baptized, as she, Josh and I were all walking from the changing rooms to the meeting room to rejoin everyone, Josh asked her how she felt. She said, "Wet and happy!" What a sweet girl!
Be sure to scroll down to see pictures from Emma's birthday celebration and click here for pictures from Easter.

3 comments:

Celine said...

YAY for Emma!
I'm glad everyone had a good time! :)

Tara Dawn said...

I am really happy to hear that Grandma and Aunt Jo went and supported her!! That is soooo cool!!! And her hair is beautiful! It's a good thing I don't have girls because I'd never be able to make my daughter's hair look half that good! I love the kids' Easter pics on the side. They are all so beautiful and Millie is getting big!

Jabon said...

Sounds like a great time. I do wish we could have been there.