Friday, April 3, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

Okay, it's late on Friday, but I've got to get back into the routines of yore if I'm going to keep this healthy lifestyle thing going.

It was my first day back to exercising after taking eight days off. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow!! I kept up, though, and was even shocked to discover that I actually lost 2 lbs over the last two weeks. I'm just happy I didn't gain any back. Disneyland is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. I had meant to do at least push-ups and crunches in the hotel, but that was really more of a pipe dream than anything else. Even more proof of my naivety at the beginning of this vacation.

So, here is my obligatory post on 'Fess Up Friday in an effort to get me back into the habit of exercise and public ridicule if I fail. I know, I know. You wouldn't ridicule me publicly, just quietly behind my back. That's really mean, you know! (Wow, I have not recovered from this vacation yet, have I?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I exercised by proxy today...it'd better count for something! Jon biked 8 miles, ran 8 miles and then we took to kids to the track today where Kyra ran 1/2 mile, Megan 1/4 mile and Jake did about 100 meters. I chased Ethan around the field. My back is sore and my legs hurt. Oh yeah, I ran up and down my stairs about 20 times today too... I am actually proud that I haven't gained any weight in a while...now to just get it to come off...hopefully next week I'll have something better to write about. Glad to hear you lost two pounds! YAY Shelly!

Kayleen said...

I did really well last week, while you were gone! This week I made three days of p90x, and a few days walking the dog to and from school. I really did much better last week. I need to convince myself that if Bethany can't exercise, that I really can do it myself... maybe one day!

Tara Dawn said...

I didn't allow myself much time to exercise this last week. However, on Friday I was able to wear jeans to work (since we were not seeing any patients in our office), so I decided to try on a smaller pair of jeans than the ones I had previously been wearing. Guess what? I can fit into them! They are 2 sizes smaller than what I'd been wearing. Okay, so I've got more of a tummy roll with it, but that just makes me want to exercise more, since they fit mostly comfortably on my hips. I have lost 2 lbs as well, so that was good! I have to say, I missed Fess Up Friday last week!!