Thursday, April 16, 2009

No Urkels Allowed

A couple of days ago I brought this idea up to Josh:

Why can't there be a sitcom that's clean, meaning it's focus is not sex? The shows I like all have a strong theme of sex running through them. So, I've decided to stop watching them. Josh and I both have for the good of our children. They don't need to have that theme paraded in front of them and what's bad for them is bad for us, too. Just because we're adults doesn't mean our spirits are any stronger than our childrens'. Is this getting too deep?

Anyway, I wish there was a situation comedy that the whole family could watch that was funny. Like, FUNNY. Like, laugh-out-loud-belly-laugh funny. If I were a sitcom writer (or even a playwright), I'd write up the pilot and send it to LA. If anyone else wants to write it, I'll act in it. Happily! I bet we could get quite a following.

The only risk we'd take is making it a lame show full of corny jokes and Steve Urkel. Funny but annoying after a while. (Sorry, Celine, for referencing another old American tv show. Here's a clip.)


2 comments:

colds1 said...

My guys are younger than yours, but that is one reason we don't turn the tv on until they are in bed. I miss shows like the Cosby Show that the whole family liked watching together. *sigh* Thank goodness for syndication.

Lori said...

Yeah. That was one good reason not to have TV.