Saturday, January 24, 2009

If 30 is the New 20...

...then why is 6 the New 16?

Last night I wrote a post on our family website about not understanding boys. I made a comment that the girls rarely truly surprise me. Of course, I spoke too soon.

Tonight as I was blow-drying the girls' hair before bed, I finished with Abby and pointed out to her how long her hair has grown. It's now almost mid-back. She was so excited...so very excited that she exclaimed, "Next I'm going to get boobs!"

My thought was, "Oh, for frick's sake, you're killing me!"

P.S. Millie spit up on me earlier today. I didn't notice it until I was cleaning the mirror in the bathroom and wondered when the bird pooped on my shoulder. Nope, just good old fashioned spit up. I look like a stinking bird-lady. Oh well.

6 comments:

colds1 said...

Love the thought of you as the bird-lady! Abby's comment made me snort--thanks!

Tara Bennett said...

Everything's all messed up, that's for sure. That Abby.... totally made me laugh!

Lori said...

HA!!! That's great! I even read it with Abby's voice in my head. It's such a thrill to have children isn't it? I'm really glad I don't have the girls with the thoughts of Boobs and the many days of girl attitude. Keep it up Shell, you're doing great!!

Tara Dawn said...

I second what Lori said about not having girls and the relief that is over us! ;) I was just thinking how Abby's hair is getting long just the other day when I was looking at the movie of Millie. If she is so much like me (like you always tell me) and she is in 2nd grade (right??) she's not too far from boobs. Sucks to be you!

Jabon said...

Ha ha! Crazy bird lady!

Celine said...

LOL Abby sure is a hoot! I totally cracked up while reading what she said!