Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick Day

Today I'm sick. It started last night after dinner. I thought at first that it was what I ate, but when my stomach didn't settle and the chills started, I figured I was pretty much screwed. This afternoon my stomach got even worse. My tummy is very, very tender and just plain hurts. I'm holding down food, but I haven't eaten much for fear that I won't continue to hold it down. And the only reason why I've even tried to eat anything at all is because I'm nursing. Needless to say, I'm miserable.

Plus, Josh is working this weekend. Of course.

So, when the kids had an early out this afternoon (it's the end of the quarter) I thought I was going to be in big trouble. But the three big kids played very well and quiet for a decent portion of the afternoon--hoping for peace all afternoon is more of a joke than a miracle. Anyway, I was feeling so cruddy that I forgot that I gave them permission to play with Abby's dress-up makeup. This is why they played so well today:

I think we have a few makeup application lessons to give before we let them wear the real thing, don't you?

3 comments:

Celine said...

Ugh Shelly!
I hope you feel better soon!
As for Aby and Emma, yes, some more practice would be useful!

Lori said...

Abby did great with her blush application. Very pink cheeks!!! At least they found something to do besides bickering to help you feel a teensy bit better. I do hope that you get over this soon!!

Tara Dawn said...

I think if you don't give them lessons, maybe it'll deter the boys a little while longer! Hope you get better soon!