Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Millie's Moment

Today Millie had a two-week checkup with the pediatrician. Just to remind you, a baby loses a few ounces of weight right after birth and hopefully gains it back by the time they're two weeks old. I was a bit surprised by Millie's growth. She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz at birth and dropped to 7 lbs the day we left the hospital. She was 20 1/2" in length at birth. At today's appointment (she's 16 days old), Millie weighed 8 lbs 8 oz and measured 23" in length. Her head circumference is in the 25th percentile, her weight is in the 55th, and the doctor didn't tell me what her length percentile is except "tall." I can't believe she's already growing so big.


This is the blanky my mom made for Millie


This is not a sombrero--it's the head cushion for her bouncy seat



I'm pretty sure she's pooping in this one--don't ever tell her I exploited this moment




If she's not pooping or eating, she's sleeping


...Still sleeping

The big kids playing a game they got for Christmas. It didn't take long before I had to tell them to put it away because they couldn't stop fighting. I know three kids going to bed early tonight!

3 comments:

colds1 said...

I so need to find this girl a big, bright pink sombrero! I should have pick up one in Mexico--if only I'd known how cute it would look on her!

Tara Dawn said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose children can't seem to play together for long before they start fighting! How can it be so hard? Did we have problems like that?? Anyway, Millie is adorable and I'm so glad she's so healthy!

Jabon said...

What a little cutie! Good Job, Josh and Shelly!