Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Treasure State, My Foot!

Montana's nickname is the Treasure State. Evidently it has to do with how important mining is to Montana. Yeah, yeah, sure. I think Montana needs to reevaluate and consider looking at Minnesota's nickname: The State of 10,000 Lakes. The difference is that Montana should become the State of 10,000 Rivers.



All of our snow that has accumulated since before Christmas is beginning to melt. As I drove to pick the girls up from school today (about four blocks) (yes, that makes me sound lazy, but it's cold and there are several hills), I drove through some of the biggest and deepest puddles I've ever seen in my life. This is the next vehicle we need to buy:

Okay, not exactly, but these puddles are ridiculous. They take up the entire street from sidewalk to sidewalk and hover over the dips in the road. And the bad part is that tonight is supposed to be down to about 9 degrees, so Josh should have plenty of people in the ER from falls tonight.

Luckily, the Missouri River is about a dozen blocks downhill from us, so that's where all the water will eventually go, but until then we're waterlogged.

Seriously, ridiculous!

No comments: