Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Giddy, Gay Husband














This morning, when the alarm went off, I woke up to the incredible news that Emma woke up early, got herself dressed, ate breakfast, and prepared mid-morning snacks for herself and Abby all on her own. Usually the mornings include a bunch of nagging and grumbling, but Emma did such a good job this morning.



Then, Josh walked in the door. He'd been at work and decided to play a prank on the radio station on his way home this morning. The station has different themes for different days and Wednesdays have the classy question of "Who would you do?" where you call up and vote for which of the two people the station suggests you would "Biblically Know". Today was 60s day and the choices for men were Raquel Welch and another woman, I can't remember who and for women were Paul Newman or Robert Redford. Josh sat in our driveway this morning, submitted his vote, and then came inside all excited because he hoped his vote would be aired. It was. This is what we heard on the radio:


Radio: Who would you do?
Josh (in a very effeminantly gay voice): Paul Newman. He is GOOORGEOUS! Did you see him in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
Radio: (Laughter)
Josh: Meeeow!
Radio: (More laughter)
Josh: And in that Cars movie as that little purple car...he really got my engine RUNNIN'!
Radio: There's always one!

The guy they aired immediately after him voted for Robert Redford, but he used his normal voice. Josh LOVED that he played a prank on the radio station and we were all laughing--including Millie.




However, I think the vote would've been more difficult for him to make if the choices were Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot. These are Josh's self-proclaimed "man-crushes." Them and Wes English, the former stringed bass player from the Flying W Ranch Wranglers band.






I don't know which is more disturbing, that Josh has so many man-crushes or that this fact doesn't really bother me.
By the way, if I had to choose between Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot, I'd totally choose Tom. ;o)

8 comments:

colds1 said...

I'd vote Tom. I blame this on my mother. Sometimes I just need a Tom fix and grab "3 Men and a Baby" or his season on "Friends." NOT "Quigley Down Under" though . . . not unless I want to watch the longest movie EVER!

Merinda Reeder said...

Or 3 men and a little lady, or Her Alibi. And yep, I'll watch the whole long Quigley because Tom looks good in cowboy. Mm hmm.
Sam Elliot is a pretty good backup, along with a half Kirk Douglas-Half Charlton Heston.
Josh has good taste in old men.
:)
As for the options offered by the radio... meh. neither.

Tara Bennett said...

LOL so funny! Oh Joshie Pooh!

I think Tom is one of the hottest ever. I love him.

My didn't call it a 'man crush' but just today we were talking about actors and he went on and on about Robert Duvall to the point that teasing was in order.

Tara Bennett said...

That was my dad who had the man-crush on Robert Duvall.

RNLambile said...

Tara,
Your dad is a very wise. Rober Duvall isn't "Man Crush" worthy per say...but incredible non-the-less. Josh

Celine said...

LOL! That's just hilarious!
I would love to hear him on the radio! hahaha!

Lori said...

That's funny!! I really wish I could've heard it. I know I'd have died laughing. I would totally vote for Tom also. I don't think I would vote for Newman or Redford.

Tara Dawn said...

Tom Selleck, or Richard as I like to call him, has my vote. I can totally see Josh doing this!