Thursday, January 1, 2009

To Everyone I Love...

...Okay, what the heck? This may be a double standard, but I really don't care.

First of all, if you're reading this, I probably love you. So this note is for you. Just because Josh and I have moved away from people we love, our friends and family, doesn't mean you should all live so far away from us now. You're supposed to all want to live near us and be with us.

Okay, well, this is all coming out because Peter and Genica are moving to Logan, UT, tomorrow to begin school at Utah State this winter. Yes, I went there and I loved the experience (for the most part) but that doesn't mean that they need to move away from us. We still have Mom and Dad, my grandparents, and an aunt and uncle, but that's not nearly enough. I know you all want to live by us. I can feel it. My postpartum hormones tell me so. I know you all want to deal with the subzero temps in the winter and the near 100 temps in the summer. I know you all want to have ultimate outdoor living a maximum of two hours away. I know you want to live in the shelter of a steady housing market with an increasing unemployment rate. Okay, so there are pros and cons, but the biggest pro would be that we can all live near each other. Ladies, we could do lunch and have play dates and our kids could all be friends forever. Guys, you could go do the woodsy stuff with Josh and I'd even let you go do other guy stuff like play in the mud and build things. Or whatever it is that guys do. I don't know since I'm not one.

Anyway, if you'd all just realize how happy you'll be by moving to Montana and living nearby, I'd really appreciate it. There are plenty of houses for sale around here (Mom and Dad's old one included) and our bishop is a mortgage broker for Wells Fargo. We've totally got some ins. So, I'll hold my breath and hopefully we'll see you all and your U-Hauls soon!

4 comments:

Tara Dawn said...

If it were only that easy to move...we'd be there already! Too bad we're strapped down to school, jobs, and a house in this really crappy housing market. I would love it if all of us could be closer together.
Oh, and I agree we should encourage each other with our resolutions. ;)

colds1 said...

Out of the many of your loved ones reading this, you realize that I only live 5 miles away from where I lived when we met, um, 17ish years ago . . . haven't gone far! Rarely subzero, rarely over a hundred, outdoorsy stuff every where . . . I would vote to bring you all back here! Plus Pete and Genica are closest to me now!! :)

Jeri Dawn said...

Wrongo Bongo Coldsy! They're closest to me, so that means in a contest I win Shelly! Yeah me. Ha ha. Funny thing is--we see each other about as often as we see Shelly (or maybe you see Shelly more). Oh, and Logan wins hands down, just ask me.

Jabon said...

Or you could move some where warm... :)