Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some Good Things

I've decided I've been sarcastic enough for a day or so. I've noticed some good things I thought I'd share.


Here's to the unsung heroes of my children's school. One of the people that I notice everyday that is AWESOME is the crossing guard. I have no idea what her name is. I hate asking people that question, don't ask me why. Anyway, she recognizes me, my vehicles, and my children. She calls out to the girls to tell them I'm coming if they're dawdling and taking too long. She waves all the time. We always share a kind word. And when she has a substitute, you really see how well she does her job because no one is as alert and on the ball as she is. She's a great person and really cares. She just proves that no job is "minor."


Now that January is almost over, I've decided to make a few resolutions. A little late, I know. One of my resolutions is NOT to stop procrastinating. That's just asking too much. But I have already begun paying more attention to what I'm eating and I'm expecting to begin working out on Monday when Millie turns 6 weeks old. My goal is to be to my ideal weight by my birthday in September. That gives me eight months to lose TONS of weight. More than just the baby weight, unfortunately.
Today was Day 2 of my huge task of cleaning our downstairs. Ever had a "catch-all" room in your house? That's what half of our basement has been. Now our family room and office are actually a family room and office. Minus the furniture. But that's okay because all of my junk is contained and organized and put away and it's so nice now. I'm especially proud of myself for only taking two days to do this since Josh has been working, so I've done most of it by myself, and I've still had to be Mom and care for an infant and pick kids up from school and make dinner and everything else. It was a HUGE task. But now it's done. The last box has officially been unpacked. Whew!

8 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Yay for clean and organized. :) I have concrete plans to clean some horrible overdue mess each day from feb 1 to Vals - That's going to be for my cute husband to know I love him. I made a list, and it has more than 14 specific major cleanups on it. Wow. in a 2-bedroom apartment.

colds1 said...

You rock! Wanna come do my hobby room? I had it looking good and then asked Kevin to pull the baby clothes out of the storage room . . . I guess I didn't specify that everything he had to take out of storage to get to the baby clothes was supposed to go BACK into the storage room!

RNLambile said...

Cindy I love your post. Specifics are the key when dealing with us Y chromesomers!! We will do what you tell us, but often ONLY what you tell us!!! I miss you guys. We will have to come visit and hang out for a while. Josh

Jeri Dawn said...

Go Shelly! My Fairy God Mother-in-law called this morning. She was really going to come! Ha ha. I told her the guilt would probably overpower me if she did. I'll get my butt in gear soon enough.

Celine said...

Those are good resolutions! Goooo Shelly!

Lori said...

2 rooms in my 4 bedroom house are our catch all rooms!!!I do have a plan to get the boys to help me clean it today since it's Sat. Too bad James has to work today. :(
No more procrastinating!!! Get down here and visit me!!!! :)

Lori said...

I thought I'd add one more thing. Be careful what yogurt and stuff you get. A lot of them put High Fructose Corn Syrup in them. And that stuff helps you KEEP the stuff you're trying to loose. It's also not healthy at all.

Tara Dawn said...

Great job cleaning up! Ashton's room became the catch-all room sincec he's not sleeping in it. I work all day one day to clean it, got that accomplished and asked Jabon if he liked my work. He put all that junk in Ashton's room, then forgot about it. He had no idea how unorganized it had become.