Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Picture Dump


Today I got my haircut. The stylist and the older lady next to me were very nice. When I told them I needed an easy style for my curly hair because I have four kids, they both told me that I'm not old enough to have that many children. They were so nice. They made me happy. My short hair is so much easier than the grown-out mess I'd been dealing with.



Here's Millie on Sunday before church. It's also before she spit up all over herself. She's wearing the same headband that James' mom (Lori's mother-in-law) (Lori, my sister) made for Emma nearly eight years ago. So sweet.






Here's Emma and Abby. I have no idea what the context of this picture is.







The other day I told Matt to put his shoes on. Here are the shoes he chose. Whatever.

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. Matt told them this joke: "Knock, knock" "Who's there?" "Grown up" "Grown up who?" "You is a grown up." We tried to politely give him a courtesy laugh and after a few seconds of that Matt said, "Do you get it?" We all just cracked up. Then he told us a few more jokes and followed up the near silence of struggling with the punchline with "Do you get it?" This morning he told us that he asks that because Emma and Abby always ask him if he gets their jokes, so it must be a requirement in joke telling. It was pretty funny. Do you get it?

6 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

I get it!

The new 'do looks fab! And I love the pic of Millie in her pre-spit-up Sunday dress!

Green said...

Love the new "do"....
Thanks for stopping to see me :)

Lori said...

Your hair looks very cute!! And so does Millie.

It's so funny when kids try to make up or even tell jokes. I don't think THEY get it. Trenton is really funny to listen to also. Their jokes aren't funny, but they are!!

Tara Dawn said...

Your hair looks beautiful! I love the cut.

Celine said...

Great haircut! I love it!
I gotta say that Abbi and Emma's picture cracked me up!

Crisanne said...

Shelly, love the haircut! Isn't it so much easier to have shorter hair to do! I love Matt's jokes, they remind me of Bryant's! Kids are just too funny!