Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oath of Friendship

I got an email from my mentor, Carolyn, that I had to share. But I decided to broaden the number of people I share with. This forward takes the tone that I love so much about Carolyn, but it also takes the tone that I myself use quite often.

Are you tired of those sissy “friendship” poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of True Friendship.

You won’t see cutesy little smiley faces – just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
1. When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!

2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you're scared, we will high tail it out of there.

5. When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!

6. When you are confused, I will use little words.

7. When you are sick, stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever it is you have.

8. When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off – after I laugh my butt off.

9. This is my oath . . . I pledge it to the end.


'Why?' you may ask; because you are my friend!

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

Try sending this to ten of your closest friends, then, get horribly depressed ‘cause you can only think of four!



I even liked that last line. Which part of the oath is your favorite? Mine is the first one. I'd kind of like to see a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew. That would be a sight. I envision something like the time my brother-in-law James was first dating Lori and he was a hyper, springy, gangly thing. Once he and Josh were standing on Mom and Dad's deck and James jumped his springy, gangly butt up on Josh's back and Josh almost threw him like a rag doll down off of the deck. I wish you could've seen it. He looked like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew.

By the way, I totally plan to do all of these things for you, my friend.

4 comments:

Lori said...

You better do it all for me sista! Cause you know I'll do it for you too. I loved the spider monkey thought too. It made me laugh MY butt off!!!!!!!

colds1 said...

I've been known to do 5 and 8 . . . but eight is my favorite. I love telling people to be careful on ice because I'll only laugh a lot when they fall . . . especially people who aren't quite sure if I'm serious or not!

Merinda Reeder said...

I like 6. (my sister isn't looking, is she?)

Celine said...

HAhahaha! #8 is soooo true!