Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why I Shouldn't Write When I'm Angry:

I just have to brag about my children for a second. They are smart. Not just smart, but brilliant. They have super-powers that not very many other children have. It's really amazing to witness. Somehow, despite the fact that I graduated in the top 10% of my high school class and Magna Cum Laude in college and I have a decent amount of street smarts and IQ, my children have been able to see this

stamped somewhere on my body. I can't see it. Maybe it's on my chest. Maybe my belly. Maybe on my arm, I don't know. But my genius children can see it and that's what's important. I'm so proud of them. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy.

(So much for my break from sarcasm, eh?)

3 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Shelly, you just wouldn't be YOU if you didn't grace us with sarcasm on a nearly daily basis. I, personally, LOVE it - and love you of course, even if you're not the brightest ;o)

Celine said...

Shelly, you just crack me up!

Lori said...

Isn't that what kids are for? To prove to us that their generation is smarter than ours?