Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fitness is a Snap

I've been a bit preoccupied with my new efforts of getting healthy. When I went on this binge a year ago, I think my family thought I was obsessed, but I was just trying to change my life. Well, aspects of it. I think it's impossible to change things as huge as your eating habits and an hour's worth of daily activity without thinking about it a lot at first. Especially when you can feel the difference--fatigue and hunger hurt! Okay, it's not that bad, but it becomes something that can all-consume my thoughts.


But I thought I'd share some things that are happening with us because of our exercising.
First, Josh got a membership to the Snap Fitness in our neighborhood. They just opened, so they had a promo of no registration fees, we pay monthly with no contract, he can workout when ever he wants to, and he doesn't have the monotony of our Power 90. He's loving it. Today he pressed 500 lbs on the leg press. That's not nearly as much as he used to do in high school, but it's good considering all the problems and the surgery he's had on his knee. I'm proud of him.
On the other hand, remember the goofy-looking friend on Adventures in Babysitting, played by Penelope Ann Miller, who gets stuck in the bus station?

Notice the short hair messily tacked back, the glasses, and the awkward run? This is what I look like when I exercise. Oh, but someday when I get to show you the results of working my tail off (literally) it will all be worth it. I hope.

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

LOL. Shelly - you just seriously crack me up!

Kayleen said...

Hey Shelly, it's Kayleen (miller). I just have to tell you that I love your blog! I have tell you how great I think it is, and how ambitious you are for getting at the exercise that quick after having a baby, let alone the C section! I know how that feels! I have been doing the Power 90 Extreme (P90X.) It is really a butt kicker! Good luck with yours!

Celine said...

You're just just too funny Shelly!
We should definitely exercice together! That would be something! LOL!

Lori said...

I love you Shell!!!! Keep up the good work!