Friday, February 6, 2009

Movie Night

Tonight the kids and I are watching Beauty and the Beast. We turned off all the lights and made popcorn--the only way you can have a Movie Night.

Matt wasn't really into it. He wanted to watch The Dark Knight. Oh well...

Abby is wearing her Belle dress. But, I'm too lazy to go get my camera and then download the one picture, so instead of getting a current photo, I figured I'd share some memories.

These are from April 2005:

We still have these same dresses and they still pretty much fit.

I forgot how much I enjoy this movie until we started it up. It reminded me that it's probably my favorite Disney movie. It's near perfect: incredible songs, great animation, fun storyline, enjoyable supportive characters. Its only downfall is that the Beast looks like Michael Bolton when he goes human. That's too bad.

I also loved the stage version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. We got to see it in LA in 1996. There's really nothing like seeing an animated musical come to life on stage.

And one short note from my soapbox: I think it's kind of sad that this is one of the last animated musicals Disney has made. You get Aladdin, Lion King, and Hercules and then from Tarzan on there are very few sing-along-able songs per movie. Luckily, the old classics are still available to our children's ripped-off generation. I think that should be our kids' generation's name: The Ripped-Off Generation.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I think it should be called The Ripped-Off and Very, Very Spoiled Generation. They have so much more than we did.

I love Beauty and the Beast too. We don't get to watch it much around here. Our movies are usually The Hulk, Spider-Man, Spiderwick... Sometimes I wish I wasn't the only girl in this 4:1 ratio family.

Tara Dawn said...

I love Beauty and The Beast! When you were talking about it I was thinking, "Ilove B and the B, but the human beast is ugly!" That's so funny you mentioned the same thing! We have it on laserdisc and watched it not too long ago. I said and sang every word. I think I annoyed my hubby. At least I still get to watch that and Little Mermaid in my 4:1!