Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-Day Delay

I'm a little behind in my Valentine's posting. I was with my Valentine on Valentine's (somehow he didn't have to work--SHOCKER!) and so he knows I love him, but I wanted to tell the world...I love Edward Norton! Sorry, that's a joke. I love Joshua Johnson!


On Valentine's Day 1999, Josh took me out on our first date. We went to the "nice" restaurant in town. In fact, it was so nice that he had to special order a root beer float for me. Now, why would he go through so much trouble you might ask. Well, I might answer.

Josh gave me this


Precious Moments. It's called Our Friendship is Soda-licious. Isn't it so cute? Josh knew I tried to collect Precious Moments. I still have it. It's sitting safely in it's box down in our newly cleaned office. I don't have a safe place for it to go. I'd put it in the living room, but my children try to trash that room. You can read the post on the Williams family blog about that. Just click Here. Anyway... Someday it will be out and displayed proudly reminding me of my first date with my husband. And I will always remind him that he took me out on our first date on a SUNDAY, breaking the Sabbath. Of course, I accepted the date. Ha.

4 comments:

Jabon said...

I love Root Beer Floats! That is a cool PM collectible. Now all of my collectibles are boxed away. Maybe after little people get bigger, I can bring them out again.

By the way, that is really a cool PM. Maybe Tara will like it and get one for us, it would not be appropriate for me to get one. I would also have to set a car model next to it. You know?

Tara Bennett said...

Oh that is so sweet! My mom collects Precious Moments, and I honestly thought she had every single one, but that one is missing from her collection. Oh sweet love.

Celine said...

That is just so cute! I love Precious Moments!
I hope you'll eventually find a nice ans safe spot for it!

Kayleen said...

What a fun day! You have to love the fact that EMS, or Medicine of any kind is not respectful of any holiday. I can't tell you how many years in a row my hubby had to work Christmas, along with other holidays. People think that they need to have emergencies on holidays too... hahaha