Monday, February 23, 2009

Mom No Aqui

The other day in response to "Mom! Mom! Mom!" I called back, "Mom no aqui!" I know I should be grateful that I get to be one of the few stay-at-home moms that I know, but sometimes I don't want to deal with all the squabbles, the laundry, making dinner, scrubbing the bathrooms, mopping the kitchen floor, vacuuming the house, doing the dishes, picking up and dropping off the kids, changing the diapers, changing the linens, and all the other things that I need to do everyday. Sometimes I just want a break, or a vacation, or to go on strike.

Well by using the word "aqui" I've pretty much showed off all of the Spanish that I know. And the only reason I know it is because I said it in a play. I also said, "Dos cervezas por favor." (That means "Two beers, please.") Don't worry, I've never said that other than the play. I played a suicidal alcoholic that tries to kill herself by going over Niagara Falls in a barrel. It sounds depressing, but it was probably one of the funniest plays I did. I carried the barrel around a bit at the beginning of the play. It was big enough for me to squat down in. I wish I had a picture. The funniest scene was when my character got drunk and sat in the barrel playing with the little alcohol bottles from the mini-bar with a shower cap on my head. Well, one of the funniest. And, like I said, I learned some Spanish. Who says you don't learn anything in college?

6 comments:

colds1 said...

For some reason I can totally see you playing that character . . . wish there was a picture though!

Lori said...

I remember that play. You were funny!

I also know how you feel. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do everything. Okay. Maybe not everything. But sometimes it feels like it. If I could, I would definitely have my own maid, and cook, and shouffer. I don't know how to spell that one. I guess that means I really need to get one.:)

Tara Dawn said...

That was a very funny play! I laughed so hard!
I feel like you as well. Just tack on 34 hours of work and 4-6 hours of school per week. You remember what that felt like? Be grateful for the state you are in now!! I envy you.

Tara Bennett said...

LOL I can just picture you haulin the barrel around all over the place. How funny!

Jabon said...

I miss your plays. They were quite entertaining!

Celine said...

How come I can totally picture you in that play? LOL