Monday, February 9, 2009

Setting It In Stone

We've been watching The Biggest Loser, both the current season and reruns. This season one of the guys on the black team had a baby (their fourth) and when he went home for the baby's birth, he made the comment of this baby not knowing him to be the fat and lazy dad he had been up to that point. That really got to me. My eyes welled with tears as i thought about my fourth baby and how I never want her to know me as a fat and lazy mother.

So, if I want to be more successful in my efforts of weight loss with my handy-dandy
I need to make some concrete goals and then share them with people because my pride will not allow me to fail a goal I've told other people about.

So, this September 16th, I am turning (gulp) 32.




I've decided to make it a theme. Since I'll be turning 32, my goal is to lose an average of 1.5 lbs a week so that by then I can weigh about 132 lbs. Now, please don't insult me by doing the math to figure out how much weight that is. I'll give you more details as I lose the weight and it's not quite so embarrassing. I may even post my "before" picture. Yikes. But I will tell you that I'm about at my pre-pregnancy weight, which is exciting.

But, I inadvertently deleted all the pictures off of my laptop the other day. It's not a big deal since I had them all backed up, and when I pulled them out I found some photos to help inspire me. In these pictures I'm a little less than my target weight, but that's okay. I chose 132 as my target weight, not just because of the number theme but also because with my height and number of kids I've had I think it's a realistic goal and the time frame should be realistic too. I hope. Maybe I can have Jabon take new headshots for me around October...


12 comments:

Celine said...

I think it's a killer idea!
We'll be around for the cheering! ;)

Merinda Reeder said...

Alright, here's the deal. in about 2 months I'll ask you where I can get a bit of this power 90 business. I don't expect I get back to my wedding size - which was actually lots better than high school.
But I'd sure like to be - well - smaller than I have gotten. (and I'm not talking 8-months pregnant.)
Inspire me.

colds1 said...

As I sit here with my one-week-post-baby-flab hanging out, I proudly declare that I will cheer you on all the way!

Amanda said...

Good luck, seriously! I fully support you, I'm trying to lose all the baby weight too, I'm about 50lbs over weight and it's been so hard! But I feel the same way you do, I don't want my kids to remember me as a fat lazy mom.

Lori said...

Go Shelly! You can do it! I know you can reach your goal. Your so stubborn, you'll do it!! I love you sis!
(I was saying all of that is a good, I love my sister way.)

Kayleen said...

Good for you! I posted it on my blog too so that I would have more motivation! I can't let myself fail if everyone knows my plans! Good luck! I'll be cheering you on! I know how hard he works you in the workout! Just remember that you still have a baby to hold, and if you make your arms too sore, you are going to have a harder time doing it!

Nana said...

I too need to make concrete goals, especially since I can hardly fit into any of my pants. I am going to do it. You will too.

Tara Bennett said...

Hey... I didn't know Chloe's Nana followed your blog! Cool!

Anyway, I am too tired to read the entire post, but I did watch the video. And hello - hottie! I especially like the pix with your hair up. You're a true beauty Shell! Plus I love that Elvis song btw.

Good luck on the weight loss. I'm trying too. Maybe if I ever get some good sleep I'll come back and read the entire post because I think I caught glimpses of ideas that will help with your weight loss. And I need all the help I can get! And you've had 4 kids - I've only had 1 - no excuses!

Jabon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jabon said...

Shelly, I am excited about taking your head shots. I feel weird for saying that because due to all the paintball and video games I have played, head shot means something... er... different!

Tara Dawn said...

We can do this together! It seems like there are a lot of us out there that are sick of being out of shape!

The Eddy Editorial said...

I will join you!!