Monday, February 2, 2009

More Than Just Groundhog's Day

A couple of great things have happened today. First, I got a call this morning telling me that my BFF Cindy had her baby this morning. HOORAY!! He's a little early, but not too bad. His name is Russell Brent (Rusty) and he weighed in at 7lbs 1oz. I am so excited to see him. We need to go on a huge road trip just for the benefit of the new additions made recently. If we could make a loop from MT to UT to AZ to CO back to MT, we'd be able to see all our family and therefore see Rusty in UT, Ashton in AZ and show off Millie to everyone along the way. Hmmm...sounds like a great idea to me.

Today was also my first day to try to get myself healthier and into shape. I did my Power 90 workout, which is an amazing program. The first time we attempted Power 90 (the summer before I got pregnant with Matt) I lost 16 inches in the first 6 weeks alone. The last time I did it was right before I got pregnant with Millie and I lost 15lbs and was kicking butt. I didn't get to finish the 90 day guarantee of major weightloss because of my pregnancy, but I don't think I'll have any excuses this time. I wore my exercise clothes which aren't as baggy as my usual clothes and Matt asked when the baby in my tummy was going to come out. No, there's not another baby in my tummy. Just lots of leftover. Lots. Oh, so many lots. But in 90 days I'll be fitter. Probably not where I want to be yet, but closer.

So overall it's been a good day. How are you?

6 comments:

Celine said...

YAY for Rusty! :) I bet you're very excited!
And go you for the weight loss, I'm sure you'll make it in no time!

Celine said...

PS Shelly, I forgot to answer you but I did my exchange year up in Summit County! :) I have lived in Dillon and Silverthorne! Great times!
How about you? Where did you live before you moved?

Lori said...

Congrats to Cindy!!! Very exciting news. Isn't it great when your kids so blatantly ask when the new baby is coming. Mine did that too for a long time. Finally I'm getting rid of it. Go Shelly... It's your birthday.... You can do it!!!!!!! I'm so glad you had such a good day!

Merinda Reeder said...

Wahoooo! Sounds like a good day, and thanks for the news. Happy new baby day. :)

Tara Bennett said...

Congrats to Cindy! Um, I better be included in your Utah visit. Woo hoo for the power 90 workout! About a week after I had Chloe, Oby's little 2-yr-old cousin Max said, pointing to my still large belly, "I thought you HAD your baby. Why is it still in your tummy?"

Tara Dawn said...

Kudos on getting your workouts started! If I even have a slightly fat day, Cody is asking me if I'm pregnant. Enough already! Let the momma have a little belly, geez! Brett was on my case about that the first time he saw me in the hospital. They figure if the baby is out, why aren't you barbie again? Too bad I wasn't barbie to start with! Jabon and I say hurry up and get down here already!