Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Millie Vanilli



"Girl, you know it's true...g-g-g-girl. Oooh, oooh, oooh, I love you!!"
I thought I'd share a little more about our sweet baby Millie. She's growing and changing so fast. I can't believe it. Here she is already 12 lbs. I took these pictures using the webcam on my new laptop. Isn't it cool? Anyway, her eyelashes have begun to grow out and they are getting long and curl up just like Josh's. Luckily, all the kids have his lashes. She's beginning to coo and smile on purpose. She loves her mommy--hardly anyone else can hold her for too long while she's awake. That's frustrating, but makes me feel good at the same time. She loves to give kisses and especially to slip the tongue (Celine, do you use the term "French kiss" in France? ;o) ). And our current challenge is teaching her to fall asleep in her bed rather than in my arms. This is tough for both her and me. Last night it took an hour and a half for her to fall asleep and stay asleep. I wanted to just pick her up and hold her, but I knew that would just make it more difficult later. Ah, me. (By the way, that's a line from Romeo and Juliet.) By the time all of our family gets to see her in April, she'll be even more different than she is now. I'm so excited for her personality to shine more, but I wish my baby would always be my baby.

By the way, pay no attention to the hideous woman holding the pretty girl. She has no makeup on and didn't do her hair today.

8 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Why is it that a baby yawn is the most adorable thing and anybody else's yawn is not?
She's adorable.

Jabon said...

She is so cute!

Tara Bennett said...

Oh, what a sweetheart. Love the lip-syncing-band reference. I will forever think of her as 'Millie Vanilli.' I'll just blame it on the rain. I have to blame it on somethin'!

Celine said...

Millie is sooo cute!
Yup we use the expression 'French kiss' in France as well! :)
Thanks for sharing pics of your cutie pie!

Celine said...

PS: I love your new header!

Tara Dawn said...

She is so adorable! Hang in there while trying to get her to sleep by herself! It is hard, isn't it? You just love them so much and relish the peace when they are sleeping soundly in your arms.

Lori said...

Ty says that "Baby Millie" is looking like an opera singer. She's very cute. That's the hardest time for the moms, when you're trying to get them to sleep by themselves. I really didn't like those times. But in the long run it is worth it. Bedtimes are so much easier. Hang in there!!!!

colds1 said...

Wait! There was a baby in that picture? I was so distracted by the hideous looking woman . . .